Cyber Security Analyst - REMOTE WORKING - HIRING ASAP
Duration: 6 Months
My client, who are a retail banking organisation need a Vulnerability Management Analyst to drive and embed Vulnerability Management into the business.
- The Qualys Vulnerability Management solution, with a good level of knowledge and understanding, the ability to operate as an SME, and to provide support to develop existing team members.
- Communicating with Technical and Business stakeholders across the organisation to ensure the Vulnerability Management requirements are articulated and understood.
- Taking the lead to drive forward an improvements programme to improve efficiencies and reduce risk.
- Influencing the right outcomes for the organisation to reduce risk, increase quality and reduce manual effort.
- Providing advice on appropriate Security Operations controls across technical disciplines
- Working closely with security technology vendors to identify risks, control improvements and perform remediation.
- IT and Information Security best practice
- Team working and the ability to be self-directed on task completion.
- Demonstrating a professional 'can do' attitude and high levels of motivation.
- Working under pressure, managing multiple priorities in a rapidly changing and dynamic environment
- Self-driven qualities and able to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills with the ability to influence and drive change in a collaborative way.
- Proven ability to make sound pragmatic decisions and judgements under tight timelines.
- The ability to engage senior management and stakeholders to influence decisions to improve security across the company.
- Experience with advanced analytical and problem-solving techniques
- Industry related security qualification (e.g., CISSP, CISM) or equivalent practical security experience
- Proven experience in managing improvements programmes to reduce risk, increase quality and reduce manual effort and delivering control improvements across multiple technical disciplines.
- Solid skills and experience in Excel and Power Bi
- Your role will involve working closely with the Application and Infrastructure teams to prioritise and manage remediation efforts and represents a great opportunity to work with industry-leading tools and security partners, utilising your analytical, technical and communication skills to really make a difference to customers and colleagues.
- Information security risks are a key threat to the overall standing, reputation, and performance, as evidenced by recent impacts of sophisticated attacks on a number of high-profile companies and financial institutions. As we seek to grow the client's profile in an increasingly competitive digital arena, the Security Operations capability must adapt the strategy to be responsive to these challenges.
- The Vulnerability Management Analyst will support the Bank's security controls for vulnerability management, reviewing scanning output in Qualys, assessing and identifying remediation targets, and engaging with key stakeholders to facilitate and manage resolution, with tracking of work to report on progress. The Analyst will also support the team as a point of escalation, providing specialist security expertise for vulnerabilities which threaten the client by leading the appropriate incident response.