Software Asset and Configuration (SACM)
Duration: 4 months
Requirement: MUST HAVE ACTIVE SC CLEARANCE - non-negotiable
Trust in Soda are partnered with a multinational information technology services and consulting company who are in need of support from an experienced Software Asset and Configuration Consultant.
This role oversees the entire Service Asset and Configuration Management (SACM) lifecycle of all Assets and Configuration Items (CIs) within a Configuration Management Database (CMDB); follows the prescribed lifecycle process and procedures to ensure the registration, maintenance and control of the CMDB and ensures the integrity and accuracy of the data within
- Ensure that CMDB Content is up to date, working directly with Data Owners
- Assist with audits of CMDB data whenever necessary. Perform internal audits for the managed area
- Ensure the data integrity and accuracy of information within the CMDB for the managed area
- Review accuracy and completeness of asset data
- Raise data quality issues with Data Owners and Service Providers
- Conduct regular data quality audits for managed area
- Report and escalate exceptions in the Change Process for the managed area to the Change Managers
- Provider the data for the CMDB audits and verifies the results for the managed area and coordinates the resolution with data mangers
- Assist in in access management in regard to managed area of CMDB.
- Audit CMDB data as defined in IT Asset Management Service Description Document
- Ensure the integrity and accuracy of information within the CMDB for all the account assets,
- Define and deploy standards throughout the delivery environment to ensure repeatable, measurable, consistent processes for Asset Management
- Cross-check the information in the CMDB against defined standards and escalate where standards are not being met to data owners,
- Identify the Data Manager and Data Owner for new CI's,
- Identify new data managers and trains them on the tool, processes, and standards
- Provide training upon request to CMDB users
- Ability of managing virtual teams to deliver updates to the CMDB
- Ability to develop training material, schedule and facilitate training sessions for internal and external resources, mentoring skills.
- Computer systems knowledge, integration and architecture concepts
- Experience in various analytical/reporting techniques supported by understanding of statistics and quality management concepts.
- Good Management and communication skills, hosting and facilitating of internal and external SACM/CMDB meetings
- Problem solving skills
- Understanding of cross systems interrelations in context of the global business process
- Understanding of Service Management Framework