Senior/ Team Lead Go Engineer
- Posted 13 March 2023
- Salary Negotiable
- Job type Permanent
- DisciplineSoftware Engineering
- Contact NameDwayne Allen
Senior/Technical Lead Go Developer
German speaking, Software Engineering (ideally Golang), Interested in Golang
Augsburg (can work remotely 2 days a week)
My client provides a comparison platform and are based in Augsburg, where the office was born 7 years ago with roughly 300 employees. They have exciting plans in the work they're doing now (going into new markets, developing new product offerings), and are looking for a Senior Golang Engineer/Tech Lead to introduce Golang to their system, and eventually grow their Golang Engineering team around them.
What will you be doing?:
One of the main reasons why they are looking for someone like you is because they want to make their website faster, and what better language to do this with other than Golang. Their normal tech stack is in PHP, and you will be a key part in transitioning this to Golang. You will do this a number of ways:
- Collaborating with other Team Leads who have implemented Golang in other offices (learning how they did this, challenges faced, what worked, and what didn't work)
- Understanding their current system which is in PHP and React. The better you understand the current system, the better you will be able to transition this to Golang
- Building a world-class diverse team to support you.
Once you're up and running, 50% of your time will remain being hands-on, coding, adding new features and implanting in Golang, and 50% of the time you will be doing organisational work like project planning and seeing what resources you will need (e.g. like more Golang Engineers).
- German speaking
- Proven track record in Software Engineering with one of the following languages (Golang, PHP, C#, C++ or Java)
- Interested in using Golang
- Have experience working in Germany/for a German based company.
Nice to haves:
- Proven track record with using Golang as your main programming language
- A Golang Engineer, who comes from a PHP background.
If this sounds like something you're interested in learning more about, please apply.