Project Services Manager
- Posted 02 March 2023
- Salary Up to £700 per day
- Job type Contract
- DisciplineProduct Management
- Contact NameRochelle Bruce
Length: 12 months initially
Location: Glasgow (1-2 days onsite, 3-4 days remote)
Rate: £700PD via Umbrella
This is an exciting opportunity to join my national energy client's Renewables Projects Services team as a Project Services Manager, responsible for the delivery of the a future Wind Farm.
The Project Services Manager will be responsible for the management of Project Controls, Planning, Risk Management, Workforce Planning, Document Control, Governance and Project Reporting to provide the Project Directors and leadership team with clear, accurate and timely information to support objective, evidence-based decision making, to enable successful Project delivery.
Key Accountabilities include:
- Planning/Programme Management: Lead the Planning team and P6 Programmes ensuring clear, timely and accurate information is provided to Project Management, Project Boards and Lenders to support objective, evidence-based decision making.
- Project Controls: Lead effective Programme Baseline Management (Schedule, risk and cost), ensuring the Baseline is captured, maintained and managed throughout the Project Lifecycle.
- Risk Management: Proactively lead Risk and Opportunity Management, ensuring the Risk Register is managed and regular Quantitative Risk Analysis is performed in a timely and comprehensive manner.
- Resource/Workforce Planning: manage the Consolidated Resource Forward Load on a monthly basis, ensuring headcount budget is managed within budget and highlighting any resource gaps and issues.
- Document Control: Lead the Document Control team and all aspects of Document Control on the Project.
- Governance and Reporting: Produce and consolidate Executive Management Reporting, metrics and KPIs for Project Management and key stakeholders, including the project JV Board, shareholders and lenders (e.g. JV Board Packs, Project Dashboards, Management Reporting).
What do I need?
- Experienced PMO / Project Controls professional with 5 years experience leading PMO/Project Controls on Large Capital Projects and leading multi-disciplinary teams.
- Significant experience and subject matter expertise in PMO / Project Controls (e.g. Primavera P6, Project Planning, Risk Management, Governance, Change Control, etc
- Outstanding people and stakeholder management skills.
- Ideally hold a Professional qualification in Project Management (e.g. Chpp, PMQ).
- Capability to negotiate, influence and bring people on board, manage change and show them what good looks like.