Principal Data Engineer
Principal Data Engineer
- Duration - 6 Months
- Location - The Hague - Hybrid/Remote Working options available
- Full time Freelance Contract - 8 hours per day 5 days per week
- Start Date - Soon as candidate can be available.
- Rate - €90 - €120 Per Hour (Dependant on Experience)
- English Speaking Business Environment
My global, Netherlands based, Oil and Gas client are currently in the market for a Principal Data Engineer (Collibra adoption specialist) with a specific set of skills assisting organisations to adopt Collibra. Helping with training, comms and change with the specific team SME's working on this programme.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The Principal Data Engineer is the one who conceptualizes and designs data foundations and end to end solutions including data platforms for the business to maximize value from data. The role helps create a data-driven thinking within the organization, not just within IT teams, but also in the wider business stakeholder community.
A Principal Data engineer is expected to be a subject matter expert, and an active thought partner in the organization's data strategy and the key driver to define the Vison and Data Strategy for robust and future ready IT solutions
- Hands-on technical delivery leader
- Visible community leader for data engineers
- Conducts quality, community & conference presentations/trainings
- Has vast array of technology skills with deep expertise in at least 2 core technologies (Azure, AWS, SAP) A skilled communicator capable of speaking to both technical developers and business managers.
- Able to drive change and improvement through a deep understanding of the inter-relationship between People, Process, Data and Technology
- Coordinate the change management process, incident management and problem management process.
- Drive implementation efficiency and effectiveness across the pilots and future projects to minimize cost, increase speed of implementation and maximize value delivery.
- Drives & contributes to community building initiatives like CoE, CoP.
- Master ELT
- Master Data Modeling
- Master Data Integration & Ingestion
- Master Data Manipulation and Processing
- Skill GITHUB
- Azure DevOps
- Skill Data factory
- SQL DB
- Stream Analytics
- Experience in project management, running a scrum team.
- Experience working with BPC, Planning.
- Exposure to working with external technical ecosystem.
- Managing small teams.
- MKDocs documentation