PMO Portfolio Advisor
Start Date: ASAP - Can accommodate a normal notice period
Contract Length: 6 Months initial contract + extension
Location: 3 days in Dublin, 2 days remote
Pay: 500€-650€ per day - Negotiable!
I am working with a leading global tech company on a project based in Dublin to find a PMO Portfolio Advisor.
You will play a critical role in ensuring that Key Stakeholders across their assigned Portfolio(s) are given the appropriate support and governance, according to the client's Project Management methodology, enabling them to deliver successful quality project outcomes.
Primary responsibilities of this position are related to overseeing program and project management functions across two areas; people and process & tools. Some of the specific responsibilities of this role include:
* Act as a central broker and facilitator for all teams to discuss the effectiveness of the frameworks and any proposed changes to the frameworks. To then aid these teams in the rollout and communications of any such agreed changes.
* Collaborate with all functions & teams to ensure our Project teams have the information and support they need in order to deliver their projects and programs.
* Ensure adequate project delivery training on our process and PPM tool is given to agreed project delivery stakeholders.
* Ensure constant and on-going mentoring and coaching is in place for the agreed project resources.
* Continuously seek to improve our frameworks and training, ensuring we are constant, current and flexible in our approaches.
* Represent the PMO at project or portfolio related meetings, ensuring key relationships with stakeholders are effectively maintained and advanced.
Process & Tools
* Constantly seek to improve our PPM tool (Planview) and our methodologies and how we implement them, ensuring pragmatic/appropriate best practices are applied to delivery of project portfolios.
* Provide input to PMO maturity model and roadmap; be an active part of the PMO growth plans.
* Ensure that a pragmatic and appropriate level of governance is applied for each individual project.
* Perform project quality health checks / review results in order to recommend corrective and preventive actions as needed.
* Use performance, compliance and predictive metrics to recommend corrective and preventive actions at the project or portfolio level.
* Facilitate portfolio level meetings to drive awareness of project/program/portfolio health
The successful candidate for this position must demonstrate the following characteristics:
* Must be a team player; must demonstrate a willingness to work with and assist colleagues in the aim of improving our project quality, processes and relationships.
* Flexible, adaptable and open to change; must demonstrate the ability to embrace change, try new things and adapt along the way.
* Innovative; must demonstrate the ability to seek out improvements, suggest ideas and implement according to an agreed plan.
* Excellent communicator; must demonstrate the ability to discuss and present information in a professional manner.
* Positive attitude; must demonstrate a positive mental attitude at all times, be pleasant and helpful.
* Strong Coaching skills; must demonstrate strong training, coaching and mentoring skills.
Qualification & Educational Requirements:
The successful candidate for this position is an expert in program and project management. They will have the following experience and expertise:
* Bachelor's degree in the field of business, accounting, computer science, or equivalent experience
* PMP or PRINCE 2 certification required and Agile certification preferred
* Minimum: 5 - 8 years relevant project/program management work experience
* 2 years experience in managing complex and/or demanding programs
* PMO experience preferred
* Proficient at the use of Microsoft productivity applications including Office (Project, Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint)
* Experience with the Planview PPM tool a distinct advantage