Role: Platform Engineer (Mid level)
Location: Remote in Spain. (1x per Q in Berlin office, company pays)
Package: €40,000 - €60,000
Are you a software engineer who moved into Infra/Cloud, but loves to focus on Developer Experience? Would you like to ensure you're working in a stable company, that has already proven its recession proof back in 2007? Then look no further
Your next company were founded right in the middle of the last global recession, and have been going strong in the home improvements space since 2007. You will join them on their mission of ensuring everyones houses can be made a home.
You would be joining the Platform Team of 5, that consists of Software Engineers + DevOps/SRE. You will be focused on ensuring developer experience across the cross-functional dev teams, and improve product delivery. Your team also have a core focus on Cloud Excellence - best practises, cost optimisation and security compliance
Some of your core focuses are:
- Making migrating cloud resources easy in the AWS account setup (i.e changing architecture, rightsizing, moving resources around, telemetry)
- Envisioning & prototyping platform services & tools that serve purpose, whilst putting efficiency & simplicity first
- Discovering Self-Service opportunities for setting up local development setups
- Implementing Infrastructure-as-Code in automated pipelines
- Building a developer portal MVP: Bringing relevant ecosystem information together in one place, automated, machine readable, close to the engineers
- Educating other team members and stakeholders on best practise
- Looking at DORA Metrics, Cloud Cost Optimisation and the Carbon Footprint
Stack: AWS, EKS, Terraform, Istio, Helm, Python, Ruby, Golang, Typescript, Prometheus, Grafana
Your next team are looking for someone with a software engineering background (open to any, but GoLang, Ruby or Typescript are a plus), who has moved into Platform/Cloud/Infra, and has had the Development Teams as their core customers. You will get involved in Cloud Architecture, so any experience here is a big plus.
AWS, Terraform & Kubernetes (ideally EKS) are requirements for this role.
Whats in it for you?
- Extremely flexible and remote working, core hours are 11- 4, and the company hosts 1 company day per month in Berlin
- 27 days vacation + 1 for xmas + new year
- Ability to work in another EU country for 20 days
- €1500 L&D budget per year
- 3 Month Sabattical on offer after 1 years tenure
- Professional & Salary Reviews every 6 months
- Equiptment of your choice
- USC Membership
- Berlin Public Transportation Ticket at reduced price
- Company day only 1x per Q for those not in Germany.
Apply now for more info!!