- Posted 09 May 2023
- Salary Negotiable
- LocationGemeente Den Haag
- Job type Contract
- DisciplineSoftware Engineering
- Contact NameAlfie Duke
- Location: The Hague - Hybrid/remote working options available
- Duration: Initial 9 Months - Likely to be extended
- Full time Freelance contract 8 hours per day 5 days per week
- English speaking business environment
- Start date is as soon as candidate can be available.
- €90 - €120 Euros per hour
My global, Netherlands based, Oil and Gas client are currently in the market for a Network Designer.
With transformation to SDWAN and Metro we'll bring in more carriers that need to be interfaced with in the most efficient way to keep cost/effort in control. This applies to billing validation & reporting, incident management, inventory management, ordering/provisioning and how we work with the carriers overall and manage them as one integrated set of carriers. Benefits are that we can get more carriers in driving 3rd party spend cost down whilst containing overhead to manage them management.
Business Application: Wide Area Network (WAN), SD-WAN Project
Roles and Responsibilities:
* Individual contributor/developing architect. Main scope of work is to provide solution architecture development, consultancy and assurance to projects, making sure applications are well designed and conform to standards and reference/segment architectures.
* Works as an autonomous IT Architect, translates the guidelines and standards into practice and solves common technical challenges. Works within given frameworks, company standards and policies under defined directions while receiving occasional guidance on techniques. Often team member or working on smaller architect tasks with some oversight.
* Makes use of the standard architecture tools (IBM System Architect, PowerDesigner, and/or ProVision).
* Understands the IT Strategic Roadmap and applies within the context of their organisational assignment. Uses the related reference architectures and roadmaps for Cloud, Mobile, Integration, OpenSource, Big Data, etc.
* Design intelligent and robust front-end and middleware solutions and integrations which support the Network Design Engineer processes, and to automate network connectivity.
* Collect & describe requirements, write functional- & technical specifications. Adhere to existing standards and guidelines.
* Work in a team of experts that have a high level of expertise and experience.
* Participate in system integration and user acceptance testing.
* Share knowledge and experience.
* Palo Alto
* Active Directory
* Fluent English (speaking & writing)
* TOGAF certified
* Knowledge of IP Networking
* Experience in designing solutions with the technologies as mentioned above; Python and Linux knowledge/experience is appreciated
* Relational Database Management Systems; data modelling
* Experience with Agile/Scrum projects and Azure DevOps
* Good analytical skills
* Experience with connectivity automation is appreciated
* Object Oriented Software Development is appreciated
* Willingness to learn and to broaden one's horizon