- Posted 23 May 2023
- Salary £200 - £265 per day
- Job type Contract
- DisciplineMarketing and Sales
- Contact NameJona Aliaj
Length: 6 months initial
Location: London - Hybrid
Rate: £265PD (£204PD PAYE - equivalent to £53k PA)
Trust in Soda have partnered with a social media company with global significance, who are in need of a Media Analyst to join their Communications team to analyse press coverage and social media conversation in France and at least one additional European country (such as Italy, Spain or Portugal).
The analyst must have fluent knowledge of local languages in those markets, including French as well as English. They will be responsible for monitoring news cycles, providing qualitative analyses as well as quantitative data insights for their most pressing issues. Additionally, this role will sit at the heart of their global effort to quantify the impact of the work of its communications team for all reactive as well as proactive activity.
Overall, you will play a key role in analysing the true impact of major news stories about the company. In turn, you'll be feeding into important strategic decisions by their global Communications and Public Affairs leadership team.
This role is ideal for someone who has had first experience in their journalistic and/or communications career, in academic research, at a think tank, or after working for a media agency, media analysis firm, or media measurement platform. By analysing their media activity, you will gain a thorough understanding of how to define the impact of proactive and reactive media cycles at a very large scale around the world. This knowledge will be the ideal basis for a further career in the communications team or in some of the world's largest organisations in the public eye.
- Read, analyse, and summarise media coverage of important company issues
- Inform the wider team on news cycles and policy issues domestically and internationally, and put them into their local context
- Create reports with media insights (including visualisation) to assess the impact of different news cycles and inform future strategy
- Support the communications team in developing meaningful success metrics for its campaigns and initiatives across traditional (news) media outlets as well as owned, paid-for and earned social media activity
- 2+ years of experience in a media analysis, research, journalistic, communications or related role, or working for a media agency, media analysis firm, a media measurement platform or think tank
- Fluent in English and French + another European language such as Italian, Spanish or Portuguese
- Familiarity with the media market in Europe
- Experience owning multiple deliverables and working in a deadline driven environment
- Experience in handling data sets and visualising data a plus
- Experience drafting messaging materials; writing news summaries is a plus
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, Broadcast, Political Science, Marketing, Economics, Statistics or related field
- Knowledge of more European languages a plus
- Knowledge of the US media market a plus
- Experience in working with media monitoring tools a plus
- Experience in carrying out measurement projects using data platforms to monitor media coverage and analyse social media conversation preferred
- Understanding of metrics and analytics within the media environment preferred