- Posted 23 February 2023
- Salary Up to £300 per day
- Job type Contract
- DisciplineMarketing and Sales
- Contact NameEmma Stewart
Start Date: ASAP
Duration: 2 months initially
Location: Hybrid / 2 days per week in Wiltshire
Rate: £300 per day
Engagement Method: Inside IR35
We need a brilliant Editor, to work with the Film team making films that bring to life stories about our people and technology. You need to be comfortable weaving engaging and authentic stories from a wide variety of content.
The film maker must lead the creative aspects of the film making process, collaborating with other creative teams and stakeholders. It is your responsibility that the films communicate messages and stories clearly and in the strongest possible way.
The work varies a lot; quirky social films, documentary, animation. We have our own, on-site film studio in the UK, and we are building studios around the world as the team grows. We often shoot on location and when needed we work with external, specialist teams as well.
As well as understanding high production values, you should be able to innovate and turn films around quickly, to a vast array of budgets and timescales.
You need to a great offline editor in FCP or Premiere (preferably both) and must be adaptable and able to deliver simple grade and sound design when required.
Qualities we look for:
- An inspired film maker with a real passion for the art - seeing beauty in the smallest things.
- An original thinker, who understands how and wants to make films which are different from everybody else's.
- An excellent communicator - ability to balance multiple stakeholders in a creative vision.
- An open-minded approach, willing to experiment and try things out, even if they don't fit the conventional way.
- Flexible; thrives working with a vast array of budgets and other restrictions.
- Self-starter - able to get on with making great content in the face of ambiguity.
- An interest in design, technology and engineering.
- Must have proven experience in editing engaging content in a variety of styles.
- A really good eye for short-form documentary editing.
- Proven experience in making unusual, disruptive content.
- Good eye for multi-platform film making - for mobile etc.
- Proven experience working directly with clients at all levels of film understanding.
- Some hands on post production experience - simple grading, VFX and sound design.
- Ability to shoot a scene with minimal help. A basic understanding of lighting.
- Understanding of and some experience in a producer role; sourcing external crew, post-production etc.
- A good understanding of the global social media landscape.