Security Cleared Solution Architect
IR35 - Outside IR35
Contract Length 12 months
Location- Once day a week onsite in Portsmouth
Trust In SODA is partnering up on another exciting opportunity with one of our longest and most trusted partners, this contract is not to be missed! Using cutting-edge architectural solutions and support.
- Work with the First Looks and Discovery team, with other common services capabilities, to provide architecture guidance and support.
- Partake in the architecture community of practice.
- Frequently test design and technical decisions with users and always put the user at the heart of decision making, document all research and findings.
- Perform Technical Spikes and work with the Architectural Working Group (AWG) and Technical Design Authority (TDA)
- Team members to collocate in Portsmouth as required to deliver services under this SoW, where activity cannot be done remotely and in compliance with COVID restrictions.
- Good communication skills and experience dealing with both senior stakeholders and customers.
- Team members to work as part of a blended multidisciplinary agile team in sprints.
- Ensure that all outputs are documented/captured in agreed upon place(s) such as Navy Digital Confluence, SharePoint, and GitHub.
- All work must be conducted in compliance with the Government Digital Service Standard and Technology Code of Practice with the view to passing a Digital Service Assessment should one be required.
- Build capability through the architecture community of practice, championing good practices, and common patterns.
- Have and maintain Security Check (SC) clearance.
- Proactively resolving questions and issues
- Supporting and coordinating with team to make progress against product backlog.
- Involvement in peer reviews and participation in planning and review sessions
- Ensuring good technical and design practices are followed.
- Proactively surfacing and collaboratively mitigating risk
- Experience having previously worked in Defence performing role of Technical/Solutions Architect with understanding of the NATO Architecture Framework. If no Defence experience, then Cross Government essential.
- Experience with Containerisation technologies such as Kubernetes.
- Produce and promote high quality solution designs and application architectures that are aligned with the Data & Analytics architecture principles and strategy.
- Generate ArchiMate architectural documentation.
- Understanding of modern Security principles; Secure by Design, Zero Trust Architecture (ZTNA) and Software Defined Networks.
- Must have the ability to problem solve and apply the outcome to an architectural solution.
- Experience of Modern Application platforms; MS Power Platform Palantir Foundry or equivalent.
- Understanding of Cloud Architectures across Azure, AWS and other platforms.
Security Cleared - Is a MUST