Social Media Coordinator - Gaming Industry
Length: 12 months initial
Rate: £150PD - £170PD (£175PD - £200PD)
Engagement: Inside IR35 - PAYE via Trust in Soda
Trust in Soda are partnered with an award-winning video game studio, who are in need of a Social Media Coordinator with experience in, or love for, gaming. Their in-house Community and Communications team is responsible for direct contact between players and the studio. From social media channels to the Forums, from Discord to their websites, the team works to deliver world-class content and maintain a strong link between players and developers.
As a Social Media Coordinator you would help them plan, create and deliver that content to their channels. They're looking for someone with proven experience in representing a brand, product or community on social media with a keen eye for working out what kind of content does and doesn't work on a given channel.
The ideal candidate will have experience in creating engaging content and a keen interest in using data to review and refine content plans, alongside a desire to refine how we can best entertain, inform and engage with the communities across a variety of social media platforms.
The team is highly collaborative as they work together to deliver the best content, engagement and entertainment to the community. They currently have a total social media following of over two million across a variety of channels including Twitter, YouTube, TikTok, Instagram and Facebook, and they will continue to expand this whilst maintaining the quality and care that goes into crafting every post.
- Collaborate with the Social Media Lead to create a long-term social calendar and help bring campaigns to life, utilising a keen understanding of the audience objectives.
- Execute content effectively on social channels, dedicating substantial time to delivering broadcast posts and engaging with players and followers.
- Be regularly active in sourcing high-quality community content for amplification, to support ongoing activities or simply to showcase creativity to the wider team.
- Support with social communication of game updates, issues and improvements promptly and effectively in the right tone.
- Keep up to date with social media trends, best practices, platform features and approaches taken by other game developers and publishers on their own social channels.
- Synchronise with the Communications team to ensure consistency and parity between channels so that fans and players are kept informed, entertained and engaged across the board, working with external teams if required.
- Use social media expertise and creativity to shape and create content that drives engagement and conversation across a variety of platforms.
- Work with asset creation specialists to brief content for channels to both support current marketing messages and entertain players and followers.
Required Skills and Experience
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Intimate familiarity with a range of social channels.
- Proven experience of managing projects from incubation to execution.
- Strong passion for games and gaming communities.
- Experience of working in a collaborative and multi-disciplinary team.
- Ability to multitask, combining planning and reporting with hands-on channel management.
- An understanding of how game studios can use social channels to acquire, engage and retain players.
- Photoshop experience for image editing.
- Premiere experience for video editing.
- Creativity and eagerness to innovate.
- Strong work ethic; a dynamic, passionate and proactive contributor.