Senior Product Design Manager
Trust In SODA are growing the design team over at a well respected and reputable fintech in London. One of the hires we're looking to make is for a Product Design manager, to oversee and manage a small team of Designers.
You'll have a focus on UX, UI, and User Research and will improve the UX across their own brand as well as a range of different financial products we own.
You'll get to be hands-on and lead a small team of product designers to create end to end experiences, from research and discovery to defining opportunities, concepting and prototyping, user testing, shipping, measuring, and iterating.
This will be done in collaboration with a team of devs, PMs, and data analysts.
Things you'll be doing:
- Planning and Prioritising. Working closely with business partners and squads to plan and prioritise new functionality, optimisations and areas of focus together and across your team.
- Research activities. Conducting primary and secondary user research and testing to gain a deep understanding of our users. Reviewing data with Analysts to understand and measure behaviours.
- Experience mapping. Understanding our users goals, desires and expectations. Facilitate mapping the experience, journeys and flows to help us prioritise problems and opportunities.
- Workshop Facilitation. Working with the business to develop ideas and prioritise. Plan and facilitate co-creation workshops.
- Crafting user interfaces. Translate your concepts into appealing UI designs with a strong focus on Responsive Web Design principles. Provide a design spec to support implementation.
- Testing and learning. Using a variety of testing approaches and tactics; card sorting, clickable prototypes, usability studies, tree testing and think out loud studies.
- Measuring and iterating. Measuring the outcomes of your work whilst iterating and prioritising identified areas of improvement.
- Review implementation. Working together with the developers you will aid in implementation and review the final output before it's shipped.
- Growing the design system. Coordinate new components, layouts, grids, flows and interactions which will foster into our design system and component library.
- Team management. Support, mentor and challenge your team members to always bring their best. Help set clear goals and priorities for your team, and regularly check in on progress.
- Influencing product strategy. Function as a strategic partner with our Product Managers to shape product roadmaps and contextualise high-level decisions and directions to your team.
- Establish relationships across cross-functional team members from Product, Marketing, Development, Analysts and speak to the overall product strategy, design goals and execution.
Things we look out for from you:
- strong end-to-end product design proficiencies. You'll have shipped numerous features and iterations, perhaps across multiple products.
- A strong collaborator. We highly encourage collaboration within the team, and believe it is a core requirement for this role. Working with a cross-functional team made up of Product Managers, Developers and Analysts, as well as adopting feedback from the wider Product Design team and other business partners.
- Expert knowledge of design and research tools. Mastered the likes of Figma, Adobe Creative Suite, Miro, UserZoom
- Good analytical skills. You'll have to use data as part of the process, in order to establish relevant critical metrics and to extract useful information.
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies. Experience in working within scrum teams and aware of the ceremonies that take place.
- Clear and confident communicator that can present, demo and articulate their design decisions to your peers and to our senior business partners.
- Understanding of Accessibility standards (WCAG AA). Help us strive towards shipping products that are inclusive and accessible to everyone.
- People leadership. You're experienced in leading designers and external consultants and have done so for a few years. You empower positively, mentor personally and encourage your team to bring their full self to work and be accountable for design quality.
- Customer centricity. Champion a customer centric approach to user research and crafting new features and functionality in a commercial and cross team environment.
If this sounds close to you, then I want to hear from you!