Senior Platform Engineer (Java Operator Kubernetes)
- Posted 03 March 2023
- Salary €90000.00 - €105000.00 per annum
- Job type Permanent
- DisciplineSoftware Engineering, DevOps
- Contact NameAntonia Otter
Role; Senior Platform Engineer
Location: Remote (EU Hours)
Package: €90,000 - €105,000
Does the sound of building a Java Operator for Kubernetes excite you instead of send shivers down your spine? What about working on a Kubernetes cluster that will handle over 50 million connections? Then look no further.
Your next company;
Leaders in the IOT Communication space since 2012, your next company are now developing a Cloud Service Specifically for the IOT space, and this is your chance to get involved in such innovation. The business are 180 people strong, and looking to double their Cloud Area by 50% this year. They already have some huge partners in the automotive space using the product and this is growing.
Your next Position:
The IOT Cloud has been completely built from scratch on top of Java with Kubernetes for all 3 main public cloud providers. The platform engineering team are currently sitting within the SRE team, (7 total, 1 other platform engineer, 2 platform eng positions open). The Platform Engineering Team are responsible for building a Java Kubernetes Operator;
- This operator is responsible for isolating the complexity of kubernetes to create custom restAPIs, Plugins etc. for other teams
- you will work with Mikronaut & Quarkus and build microservices
- you will work with IAC, extend and improve the platform code + core services, improve CICD pipelines (ARGOCD), and learn all about distributed MQTT systems and the IOT world.
- get the opportunity to work with kubernetes, public cloud providers etc (happy to train up here)
- extend observability and monitoring (prometheus, grafana, Loki, Mimir)
The team are happy to train up in more DevOps/Kubernetes related topics if you don't have them already, but it is important you have worked with either Quarkus, Micronaut, Akka or Vert.x in production, whether that was 5 years ago or 5 months ago. And are happy to work remote :)
1) Technical - the scale and complexity here is incredible, you can really be involved in building something groundbreaking on a modern tech stack
2) Opportunity - You will be the 2nd platform engineer and have so much opportunity to make a huge impact. Your manager is HUGE on ownership and you have the flexibility to bring in new ideas, make decisions and own your work
3) Benefits - modern tech provided, i.e 32 gig ram super macbook, cell-phone, watch, wework contribution if you prefer an office space, quarterly company meetups, work up to 90 days a year abroad, 30% pension contribution, 30 days vacation in Germany, 25 days outside of Germany
Apply now for more info!