Ruby on Rails Software Engineer
- Posted 23 May 2023
- Salary €65000.00 - €70000 per annum
- Job type Permanent
- DisciplineSoftware Engineering
- Contact NameDwayne Allen
Software Engineer (Ruby on Rails)
Ruby on Rails, Migration, Monolith
€65,000 - €70,000
My client is a well-established institution that develop Learning and Development platforms, that is used by people like me and you, to big corporations like SAP and the World Health Organisation. They are growing and now on the hunt for a Software Engineer who is an expert using Ruby on Rails and all the new developments in this area.
What will you be doing:
You will be working closely with 8 other Developers, where they will be looking for someone to take on a mentoring approach to the junior members in the team and help lead projects. The main project you will be working on is around their Learning and Development platform that offer courses on Technology, AI, Internet Security and Blockchain.
Another part of the project that you will be key in is helping customers/clients that use the Learning and Development platform like SAP and the World Health Organisation.
- Strong experience working with Ruby on Rails
- Good at migration work (e.g. taking an architecture to a monolith)
- Good communication (able to communicate strengths and weaknesses + mentoring junior members)
Nice to haves:
- Experienced doing Test-Driven Development (RSpec, Cucumber)
- Experience working with PostgreSQL
- Other tools that will be an advantage is: Elasticsearch, MinIO, Redis, Sidekiq, Msgr, REST APIs, Sentry and Grafana
If you're interested in working in an open, transparent and flexible environment where you will be a key person in driving decisions for external and internal customers and shaping the product roadmap, please apply for the role.