- Posted 16 March 2023
- Salary £300 - £325 per day + Negotiable
- Job type Contract
- DisciplineProduct Management
- Contact NameNathan Peters
Procurement Specialist - Hiring ASAP - Reading and Remote
Start Date: ASAP
Duration: 6 months initially
Location: Hybrid Working: 3 days working remotely // 2 days per week in Reading
Rate: £325 per day
Engagement Method: Inside IR35
My client, a global energy supplier, is looking to hire a Procurement Specialist to support large programme of work in Corporate. This area is responsible for sourcing and managing a wide variety of goods and services across all businesses and corporate functions. You will play a key, hands-on role in the transformation and development of the Indirect spend categories such as Fleet, Plant & Travel, Property & Facilities Management, Customer Services, Marketing and Financial Services.
- To be successful in this role, you will ideally be an experienced procurement professional who has been involved with delivering cross-business sourcing activities. A track record of relevant procurement knowledge across some 'indirect' category areas would be preferred, as well as having experience of using various forms of contract and the associated terms.
- General procurement experience across 'indirect' spend areas - MRO or Survey/ Inspection Services would be ideal.
- Proficient in developing and running formal group-wide tenders.
- 'Regulated' sourcing experience would be beneficial.
- Good knowledge of contractual terms and conditions and their applicability
- Solid stakeholder engagement and management
- Supporting the wider Category team in the development of contracting and sourcing strategies to help ensure that the client's group-wide requirements are delivered in the most efficient and cost-effective manner possible.
- Proactively engaging stakeholders and suppliers throughout the end-to end procurement lifecycle in order to secure the most appropriate and innovative outcomes and maximise savings opportunities.
- Sourcing goods and services in accordance with the client's policies and procedures and any relevant external legislation (including EU Procurement directives) and managing all elements of the end-to-end sourcing process, whilst ensuring that appropriate risks and known and managed in accordance with the client's guidelines.
- The commercial analysis of contract/ tender submissions, the negotiation and drafting of specific contract terms and recommending the appropriate contract award.
- Supporting the on-going management of contracts (and suppliers) so as to secure the maximum value from our relationships.