Principal Network Engineer
Are you a Senior/Lead Network Engineer looking for a fresh challenge working with cutting edge technology with a rapidly growing firm? The client are one of the UK's leading Fibre Broadband providers working with cutting edge tech.
In preparation for one of the biggest tech projects, they are now looking to rapidly expand their tech team and are looking to make several key strategic hires in order to facilitate this. One of these is for a Principal Network Engineer who will play an integral role within the scaling, optimisation and ongoing support of their growing Network.
What you'll do
- Own, manage and deliver projects from the network projects pipeline.
- Creating, managing and updating the project plans & deliverable.
- Be an authority on the existing Network, acting as the final point of call for fault escalation.
- Network design, maintenance and optimisation.
- Document everything from network designs, troubleshooting manual and procedures to user guides.
- Carry out migration/maintenance tasks as required by the business.
Skills, experience and qualifications (required)
- Strong carrier grade network design, migration and implementation experience.
- Solid experience of typical carrier technologies, including BGP, OSPF/ISIS, Multicast, IPv6, Firewalls, MPLS and MPLS based VPN solutions
- Network Monitoring Systems
- Experience producing technical documentation including, Project Plans, HLD and LLD
- Must have CCIE, JNCIP or JNCIP-SP (active or expired)
Skills, experience and qualifications that are desirable for the Principal Network Engineer role include:
- Network Security experience
- Experience with PON based infrastructure
- Automation/Scripting Skills
Please note that this role will not offer sponsorship or consider candidates not living in the UK.