Operational Risk Manager
Contract Length: 6 months
Location: Kent - 2/3 days onsite per week
The key purpose of this role is to lead on the embedding of the Group Operational Risk Management Framework, by building strong and effective relationships with business areas, contributing positively, and enhancing the business' risk culture, providing support, insight and challenge.
Additionally, the purpose of the role is to provide second line oversight of Operational Risk, including Risk and Control Self-Assessments, events/incident management, risk analysis, monitoring and reporting.
- Ensure Group wide adherence to the Group Operational Risk Management Framework, and provide support/input to the Group Director, Risk and Compliance Operations and Head of Operational Risk to support with the both the enhancement and embedding of the Framework
- Work with First and Second Line business areas to embed and maintain a robust and efficient process driven RCSA (including risk and control interdependencies), providing Second Line of Defence support through a combination of RCSA deep dives and reviews, providing effective check and challenge, utilising collaborative workshops and ongoing relationship management
- Design and deliver Operational Risk based training and support to the business where required, utilising workshops, one to one's, or classroom-based training. Training will include Operational Risk principles and methodologies, as well as Risk Management tool training
- Support the First Line teams and Risk Champions to identify risks and controls within their business area, conduct control testing and where required agree and drive appropriate remediation plans to enhance the control environment and mitigate risk
- Support and where appropriate manage Risk Events, conducting Root Cause Analysis, agree and track remediation plans and validate evidence prior to closing. This includes the appropriate escalation of issues which may carry regulatory/legal impact and the identification and tracking of operational losses which drives the on-going Risk Appetite of the Group
Essential Skill Set:
- At least 5 years' experience of working in a Financial Services risk team / environment is essential, in an Operational Risk Management role is desirable.
- 3 years previous experience of Risk assessment and measurement methodology is essential
- Previous experience of 2nd line thematic review and operational risk management/assessment is desirable
- Experience in integrating policy frameworks and procedures is desirable
- 3 years previous experience working with mortgage lending and retails savings products is desirable