Length of Contract: 6 Month INITIAL
My global financial services client is looking for a Cyber Security Consultant for an INITIAL 6 - month contract, on a remote working model.
Reporting to the Cyber Projects Team Manager you will work in a fast paced, energetic environment to solve difficult business challenges whilst maintaining my client's security posture.
As a Security Consultant, you will provide a specialist Cyber Security service by performing third party security reviews my clients new/established suppliers, which will range from well-established IT firms to fledging Fin-techs. You will provide advice to projects, change initiatives and Senior Management across the Group that are building customer and internal solutions. As a consultant you will provide advice and guidance to skillfully balance the customer and user experience with Cyber security risks to ensure that solutions remain within the Group's risk appetite.
- Conduct robust assessments of proposed third party services or software to ensure that security risks are identified and appropriately mitigated or managed within the Group's risk appetite.
- Report your findings and define recommendations to remediate any control gaps identified through the course of the review.
- Provide an information security opinion on each proposal, ensuring the key risks are identified and articulated to the project.
- Provide advice and Guidance to Legal/Procurement on the content of the security provisions when the contract is being drafted or produced by the supplier.
- Ensure that security requirements and controls are implemented by working closely with Design, Build and Test resources, as well as Business Stakeholders and suppliers.
- Represent the Cyber Projects team at Programme/Workstream level Design Authorities and Workstream daily stand ups providing security advice in relation to the solution/s being proposed.
- Drive compliance with Information Security Standards, as well as Legal, Regulatory and Scheme security requirements.
- Ensure that relevant security risks are identified and articulated to a high standard for review in line with risk appetite.
- Design security tests to a granular level and work closely with the business to manage any remedial activity
Skill Set Required:
- A creative and curious mind
- Formal Cyber security accreditations
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of the security related technical controls which prevent / mitigate Cyber Security risks.
- Working knowledge and demonstrable experience of information security related policy, standards and methodologies and associated information security legislation and scheme standards, particularly the ISO27001 Framework.
- Understanding of the attack vectors, methods and actors in relation to Cyber security
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to work across a wide variety of frameworks and models.